Sunday, March 1, 2020

Hi everyone! Time is passing quickly and we have been busy preparing to go in just a couple weeks over to Solomon's Rec Center until April 13th! Still much to do and so each day we are preparing for our RV full time living.

Tom retired on the 25 Feb. and so it's been nice having him home ALL day to help get things ready to pack things up and prepare to move out to the RV. It is odd to have Tom home all day but I love it and I think he's pretty happy too.

Everything went well with Tom retiring. At work they had a farewell luncheon and even invited me! It was held at the Pax River Ale House. Nice luncheon and even presented him with a few gifts. It was a nice day. Hard to believe this is happening.






Tom's last day was then 25th Feb. Odd not to have packed him a full lunch that day. I have been packing his lunch for 42 yrs. so it felt strange. Our son Travis picked him up from work for lunch. So sweet of him and I know Tom enjoyed it.  Then after he checked out early he headed home.

We have been busy hanging pictures out in the RV. It's really starting to look like home more and more each day. My friend Christina is making us our t-shirts so we are anxious to get those and wear them showing people our site to follow. She is also making us our decal to put on the RV. I'll be sure to post those as soon as I get it.

We did take a break and had a get together with family & friends for Tom to celebrate his retirement. It was very nice and made it nice to see everyone before we leave.







So here we are in March. Moving out of the apartment and into the RV soon. We have dr's & dental appt's before we go and there are some things Tom wants to take care of on the RV before we head out. We have really enjoyed our apartment that our son rented out to us. It's been nice to have our RV right here with us, with a 50 amp too. Thanks Travis & Haley! It has really worked out as we prepare to go.

So as I reflect on what is about to happen I am a little nervous, but also very anxious to go and experience this great adventure we have planned for the last couple years. Will it be hard to say goodbye to family and those cute grandkids of ours? Well YES!! And also to our sweet friends. It's never easy saying good-bye. Tom has been so good promising me that we will visit back home often. So that's what I'm planning on and I hope that one day we will be taking our cute grandkids with us to explore. I know that we have been blessed as we have gone each step of the way in preparing for all this.

Thanks for following along. Until next time, keep smiling. Life is good and RVenture Awaits! :)






1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you and share our plans for our adventure in the future.

    ReplyDelete